We look forward to welcoming you to Chicago Shakespeare Theater. As we come together in-person at the Theater, our first priority remains the health and wellness of audiences, artists, theater staff, and the communities with whom we engage. We have implemented the following protocols with guidance from public health experts and in alignment with our colleagues across Chicago’s performing arts community. We highly recommend that you check back to confirm the current policies prior to your performance, as they are subject to change at any time based on evolving guidance.
Our policies as of June 16, 2022:
and air filtration
Every audience member attending Chicago Shakespeare performances must wear a mask at all times.
All patrons, regardless of age or vaccination status, will be required to wear a mask that fully covers their nose and mouth throughout their time at Chicago Shakespeare, including the duration of the performance. Masks may be briefly lowered when actively eating or drinking.
Additional measures in place at Chicago Shakespeare Theater:
- Flexible ticket exchanges: Any person who feels unwell, is exhibiting any COVID‑19 symptoms, or has had a positive COVID‑19 test in the past 10 days should stay home. We will happily work with you to reschedule your tickets. Submit your request for a new date at chicagoshakes.com/exchange, or contact our Box Office at 312.595.5600 during regular business hours.
- E-tickets: Digital tickets will be delivered to you by email to facilitate contactless entry into the Theater.
- Options for touchless transactions: Our Box Office and concessions will provide you with seamless and efficient interactions during your visit.
- Upgraded sanitation procedures: We continue to practice CDC-recommended cleaning procedures in the Theater’s spaces, including the use of electrostatic sprayers for disinfecting. We have upgraded touchless fixtures and added hand-sanitizing stations in audience areas.
- Improved HVAC and air filtration: The Theater’s state-of-the-art ventilation systems have been thoroughly cleaned and tested for maximum efficiency. Upgraded air filters have been installed, and airflow has been shifted to increase the circulation of fresh air.
Theatergoers understand that there is an inherent risk of exposure to COVID‑19 in any public place where people are present. Those attending Chicago Shakespeare performances and events voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID‑19.
All Chicago Shakespeare Theater attendees agree to follow all health and safety procedures and posted signage. The Theater reserves the right to require visitors who do not follow our guidelines to leave an event immediately. Any visitors who are disrespectful or discourteous to other guests, staff, or artists may also be asked to leave.
All policies are subject to change based on evolving health and wellness guidance. We thank you for your flexibility and understanding.