- Oxford Playhouse's
An Act of Remembrance
- Filter Theatre's
- Short Shakespeare!
SATURDAYS 11:00 A.M.
- Othello: The Remix
- Tug Of War: Foreign Fire
Edward III, Henry V, Henry VI, Part 1
- Tim Crouch Theatre's
- Tug of War:
Henry VI Parts 2 and 3, Richard III
- View More Events
- Ways to Save
- Subscriber Ticket Exchange
Marketing/Community Outreach—Shakespeare in the Parks
Regional Theatre Tony Award recipient Chicago Shakespeare Theater (CST) is currently accepting Marketing and Community Outreach Intern applications for our Shakespeare in the Parks program.
CST's Marketing and Community Outreach internship offers a rich and challenging experience for qualified college students, graduates and young professionals who are actively pursuing careers in professional theater administration or community engagement. Interns are entrusted with a great deal of responsibility and have the opportunity to play an integral role in the Theater's Marketing Department.
The Marketing Department is charged with the development and execution of strategic plans to promote the institutional image and attract attendance to the plays and related programs produced by the Theater. Chicago Shakespeare in the Parks is an abridged Shakespeare production that tours to 15-20 local parks performing outdoors on a travelling stage. To date, more than 80,000 people of all ages have experienced free Shakespeare though this program.
In addition to supporting the marketing efforts of the tour, the intern will be on the road with the show as a representative of the marketing staff. Interns will work between 25-40 hours per week between May and August (and must be available on weekends and evenings between July and August). In addition to a small stipend, interns receive one-on-one mentoring from Marketing Department staff, their own phone extension and CST email account, complimentary tickets to all Chicago Shakespeare performances, free tickets to other Chicago theaters through "industry" offers, and much more!
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum two years undergraduate education or equivalent experience in arts administration, direct marketing, communications, public relations, journalism, and/or community outreach
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Self-starter, multi-task oriented, and computer literate
- Experience in sales, promotions, or media desirable
- Website maintenance, Tessitura and/or e-marketing skills a plus
- Experience in community organizations, volunteer work, or grassroots campaigns desirable
- Willingness to mingle with audiences and accommodate visitors
- Familiarity with Chicago neighborhoods a plus
- Bilingual (English & Spanish) a plus
- A valid driver's license a plus
- Familiarity with Tessitura a plus
- Assist in execution of promotions, direct mail and e-marketing projects for Chicago Shakespeare in the Parks
- Update mailing lists
- Assemble press kits
- Assist planning/hosting special events
- Conduct research for press releases and special projects
- Deliver promotional materials to partner organizations within the community
- Maintain social media connections and presence for Chicago Shakespeare in the Parks tour
To be considered for an internship position at Chicago Shakespeare Theater, applicants are asked to submit the following information:
- A cover letter stating your specific interest(s), availability and how you heard about the position
- A current CV or resume
- Two letters of academic or professional reference
- If you wish to receive college credit for this internship, please include an outline of your school's requirements for both the intern (you) and internship site (Chicago Shakespeare)
Applications must be received by March 15, 2016.
Please send all application materials to:
Sarah Laeuchli at email@example.com
Marketing and Community Outreach - Shakespeare in the Parks Internship
Chicago Shakespeare Theater on Navy Pier
800 East Grand Avenue
Chicago, IL 60611
(no phone calls please)