Chicago Shakespeare Theater on Navy Pier, a dynamic regional theater company producing award-winning plays, seeks candidates to apply for the newly created position of Sales Campaign Manager. The position has a vital role within the Theater’s fast-paced Marketing Department, driving our integrated, results-oriented marketing initiatives. The ideal candidate will have experience with subscription and single ticket marketing for the performing arts, along with demonstrated success in achieving sales goals, managing multiple projects simultaneously, crafting engaging copy, and effectively motivating team members. In this role, you will help craft and implement short- and long-term strategic plans to maximize revenue and enhance the Theater’s brand.
- Develop and implement targeted, creative and savvy integrated marketing campaigns for Season Ticket patrons (renewal and acquisition) and the re-engagement of casual single ticket buyers.
- Craft multi-channel messaging for sales campaigns and ensure materials best serve the campaign goals and theater’s visual identity.
- Develop product offerings including package alternatives, patron loyalty programs and upsell opportunities
- Through campaigns, work closely with Marketing Manager, Insights & Analytics to research and analyze prospects, with the goal of improving segmentation, personalization and messaging strategies. Also establish and report on KPIs to management.
- With support from marketing team, optimize digital marketing resources to ensure sales efforts are taking best advantage of the available toolset.
- Serve as department’s primary point-of-contact for outbound sales (in-house and external vendors).
- Frequently engage with Guest Services leadership to ensure front-line team is effectively capturing customer insights in Tessitura and offering targeted upsell opportunities to audience. Craft talking points for our Guest Services team, as needed.
- Work with Marketing Director and Guest Services leadership to determine a property strategy around ticket inventory management (and ticket pricing, where appropriate)
KNOWLEDGE AND ESSENTIAL SKILLS
- Strong initiative, confidence and energy to exceed goals, meet deadlines and manage multiple projects
- Familiarity with performing arts subscription package promotion and both local and industry trends
- A polished and professional approach in presenting sales and campaign information
- Top organizational skills, time management and attention to detail
- Proactive and collaborative professional manner—comfortable working with a variety of individuals, including colleagues and outside vendors.
- Hands-on attitude and willingness to pitch in wherever is needed; comfort working extended hours when workload demands, including evenings and weekends if necessary
- Demonstrated mastery of Microsoft Office programs
- Knowledge of Tessitura or other CRM software.
Compensation is commensurate with qualification and experience, and is competitive with prevailing compensation for similar positions within the non-profit performing arts industry. Benefits include medical and dental insurance, vacation pay and sick leave and personal time, and a 403(b) retirement program.
The search for this role is being conducted on behalf of Chicago Shakespeare Theater by arts consultant and recruiter Tom O’Connor. To apply, please email your cover letter (including how you heard about the position), salary requirements, and resume to email@example.com (note: .co) with “Chicago Shakespeare” in the subject line. Chicago Shakespeare is committed to building diversity and inclusion onstage and throughout the organization. We especially encourage individuals from underrepresented groups to apply. No phone calls or agencies, please.