Chicago Shakespeare Theater seeks highly skilled, self-motivated, and detail-oriented individuals to work with our production department. CST is a world-class theater company producing work of the highest caliber due, in large part, to a supportive team philosophy. They will work with professional designers and directors from Chicago and around the world managing both produced and presented work, and will need to work in a fast-paced and interdisciplinary manner to address challenges.
Job responsibilities include:
- Working with sound department to install and strike FOH mix positions and speaker systems in multiple venues.
- Serving as A2 on select productions, working with orchestras and actors on mic and monitoring infrastructure.
- Serving as A1 cover on select productions, including straight plays, large musicals, and presented work.
- Interfacing with Clear-Com infrastructure.
- Installing, troubleshooting, programming, and running QLab rigs.
- Operating sound for special events both in the theater as well as in other spaces inside and outside of our facility.
- Supporting sound department during tech rehearsals including the setup and strike of tech tables and associated equipment.
- At times working with other production departments in varying capacities based on the needs of the productions at hand.
Preferred skills and experience:
- Proficient knowledge of Yamaha M7CL, LS9, and CL series consoles.
- Understanding or experience with Yamaha DME and QSC Q-SYS infrastructure, Dante I/O protocols, network infrastructure, Aviom monitoring systems, Clear-Com systems, Shure wireless equipment and Wireless Workbench frequency coordination, QLab software, KVM equipment.
- Experience with making various microphone rigs.
- Comfortable working closely with actors.
- Experience with line-by-line mixing of straight plays and large scale musicals.
- Knowledge of safe work practices related to electricity and working at heights.
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time, and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Comfortable working at heights of up to 50 feet.
Positions are part-time, paid hourly. Hours will vary based on the needs of each production.
Qualified candidates should submit cover letter, resume, and 3 references via email to firstname.lastname@example.org formatted as .pdf, please. Applications will be reviewed in the order they are received. No phone calls, please.
Chicago Shakespeare is committed to building diversity and inclusion onstage and throughout the organization. We especially encourage individuals from underrepresented groups to apply.