The Concessions Supervisor insures that CST’s bars and merchandise stands exemplify our commitment to Service, one of our core values. Under general direction from management, the CS makes sure bars and merchandise stand are stocked and well maintained, that customers are served promptly and cheerfully, and that product and cash are accounted for at the end of each shift.
- Work as scheduled as the principal bartender at Chicago Shakespeare’s lobby pub.
- Train other staff and occasional overhire in bartending and merchandise sales.
- Oversee distribution and return of product and cash for 1 – 6 remote bars each shift.
- Supply final accounting of sales at the end of each shift.
- Keep products and supplies stocked as directed, ordering as needed.
- Anticipate occasional product needs for special events, openings, student matinees, and parties.
- Oversee monthly inventory.
- Keep pub, back bar, remote bars, merchandise cart, and related equipment clean and in good working order.
The CS position is hourly and schedule is based around the theater’s performance and event schedule.
Experience and Abilities:
- Bartending experience
- Management experience
- Ease with cash and credit card transactions
- Organized and committed to good hygiene and cleanliness
- Evident willingness to be of service
- Basset certified or willing to become Basset certified.
This is a full time, hourly position with an excellent benefits package.
Please send resume, letter of interest, and three references who can speak to the abilities listed above to email@example.com and include Concessions Supervisor in the subject line. No phone calls, please; candidates of interest will be contacted by a representative of the theater.
Chicago Shakespeare is committed to building diversity and inclusion onstage and throughout the organization. We especially encourage individuals from underrepresented groups to apply.