Chicago Shakespeare Theater is looking for an organized, detail-oriented, and highly self-motivated individual to ensures that CST’s bars and merchandise stands exemplify our commitment to Service, one of our core values. Under direction from Associate General Manager, the Concessions Supervisor makes sure bars and merchandise stands are stocked and well maintained, that customers are served promptly and cheerfully, and that product and cash are accounted for at the end of each shift.
The ideal candidate is an individual eager to start their career in arts administration with a proven track record of high-level customer service and attention to detail.
This is a full-time, benefit-eligible, non-exempt position.
- Serve as a principal bartender in CST’s pub.
- Maintain training program for CST Concessions and Merchandise Sales.
- Maintain process documentation for CST Concessions and Merchandise Operations.
- Maintain vendor relationships for Concessions and Merchandise, acting as a single point of contact on behalf of CST.
- Keep products and supplies stocked, ordering as needed.
- Maintain menus and other physical signage with design guidelines provided by Marketing and Associate General Manager.
- Oversee monthly inventory.
- Anticipate and forecast product needs for special events, openings, student matinees, and parties.
- Keep pub, back bar, remote bars, merchandise cart, and related equipment clean and in good working order.
- Process comp merchandise and concessions requests.
- Maintain Shopventory & Square POS and Inventory systems with the most up-to-date information.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Bartending experience
- Experience training others
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Inventory management experience preferred
- Square and Shopventory System preferred
- Excellent analytic/quantitative skills and exceptional organizational skills;
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and work graciously under time constraints;
- Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to communicate across departments and with Theater executives;
- Ability to take initiative, and work both independently and as part of a team;
- Ability to work nights and weekends as required.
Candidates with demonstrable experience advocating for inclusion, diversity, equity, and access encouraged. Experience in non-profit, arts or entertainment is a plus.
Submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and provide “Concessions Supervisor” in your subject line. No phone calls, please.