CST’s Marketing Manager plays a vital role in the passionate team of arts lovers that makes up the Theater’s fast-paced, multi-faceted Marketing Department. Executing short- and long-term strategic plans designed to maximize revenue and enhance the Theater’s brand, the ideal candidate must demonstrate a capacity for high volume, multiple project management and a keen ability to prioritize and follow through to achieve desired outcomes. The Marketing Manager works closely with all members of the department, and reports to the Marketing Director.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the development and implementation of marketing plans for single-ticket, subscription and group sales. These may include, but are not limited to, timely execution of promotional outreach; list management; contact/prospect research; writing/editing of sales copy; and visibilities/distribution (on-site and off).
- Forge strategic promotional partnerships to directly impact sales and audience growth, as well as create visibility opportunities for the Theater.
- Work closely with Marketing Director to maximize the efficient utilization of the Theater’s CRM software (Tessitura), and serve as the department’s primary contact for list management. This will include pulling lists for mailings, emails and telemarketing efforts, as well as coordinating list acquisitions/trades with outside parties.
- Write/edit messaging and maintain editorial calendar for Theater’s e-mail and website. Work closely with Digital Assents Assistant to execute plan in a timely fashion, across multiple audience segments.
- Manage existing discount sales efforts (such as CST for $20, outside ticket vendors, etc), and establish a plan to minimize unused seats and maximize revenue. Implement tactics for new/revived sales opportunities. Execute all offers, including creation, testing, fulfillment and tracking. Provide regular analysis to further improve sales efforts. Supervise complimentary ticket letter offers, including fulfillment tracking.
- Serve as department’s primary liaison to Box Office/Guest Services and in-house Call Center.
- Maintain clear, consistent messaging across multiple communication platforms—from print to electronic media and website content.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Essential Skills
- Highly literate in Microsoft Office programs (especially Word and Excel)
- Working knowledge of and facility with a customer relationship management software system, Tessitura (or similar) arts-based CRM system preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills to forge partnerships outside the organization, and to collaborate with staff across theater departments
- Excellent organizational, multi-tasking, editing and writing skills required
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment with good cheer
- Creativity and resourcefulness required
- Willingness to work extended hours when workload demands, and attend special events in the evenings and on weekends as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Marketing, Communications, Theater or English
- Minimum 4 years experience at a mid- to large-scale non-profit performing arts organization
Compensation is commensurate with qualification and experience, and is competitive with prevailing compensation for similar positions within the non-profit performing arts industry.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Monday, October 28, 2013. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by emailing a cover letter, resume and salary requirements (Word and pdf files, no web links) to: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Candidates of interest will be contacted by a representative of the Theater.
Please no calls or faxes. Chicago Shakespeare Theater is an equal opportunity employer
and encourages all to apply.