Preparing for your journey
On the extraordinary journey of Since I Suppose, one audience member at a time traverses the city on foot guided by audio and film on a specially designed Motorola smart phone app. Loosely based on Shakespeare’s Measure for Measure, the show blends the virtual and real worlds through a series of encounters with place, video technologies, Shakespeare’s text, live interactions, contemporary reflections, and personal contemplation.
To take part in Since I Suppose, you will need:
- Access to email and a fully charged cell phone. The journey begins 24–48 hours before your performance with an email revealing your specific meeting point in the northwest Loop. Have your cell phone charged and in hand on the day of your journey as further instructions may come.
- Comfortable walking shoes and weather-appropriate wear. You'll be on the move for the full 2 hours and 15 minutes of your journey. Performances occur rain or shine, so be sure to dress for that day’s forecast. You may wish to bring a rain coat and umbrella, sunscreen and hat.
- An adventurous spirit. Since I Suppose is a journey resulting in a unique and personal experience. The length is approximately 2 hours and 15 minutes; however, depending on your walking pace, it may be a bit longer. Also, you never know where the journey might take you, so please bring a valid ID.
- An early arrival. We ask that you arrive 5-10 minutes prior to your designated start time. Due to the time-specific nature of this production, we are unable to accommodate any latecomers.
Additional things to consider as you prepare for your journey:
- Getting There and Going Home. Since I Suppose does not end where it begins. If you are taking public transportation, there will be many convenient options to get to and from your journey. If you are driving, we recommend the parking garage at 17 E. Adams Street or a nearby garage. This will place you within a 10-minute walking span from both the starting and ending points of your journey.
- Travel Light. Leave large bags and purses at home. You will be carrying a Motorola smart phone and wearing a headset throughout, so you will want your hands as free as possible to fully experience the journey.
- Remember, its theater—without the seats. When ordering your ticket, you will need to provide the Box Office with the mobile phone number you plan to use for Since I Suppose as well as an email address that you will check regularly 24-48 hours before your journey. And, as there are no seats, you will not need to present a traditional “ticket,” but you will receive an email confirmation of your order, detailing your specific date and starting time.