! BEGIN MTM CODE // DO NOT REMOVE >
<! END MTM CODE // DO NOT REMOVE >
On the extraordinary, singular journey of en route, individual audience members will traverse a corner of the city on foot. Tickets are $35 and performances are Wednesday through Saturday with staggered departures beginning at 11:00 a.m., 2:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. each day.
To take part in en route, you will need:
- A fully charged mobile phone for each participant. The journey begins 24–48 hours before your performance with a text revealing your specific meeting point just northeast of the Loop. On the day of your excursion, you will receive additional texts that guide you along your path. (If you are without a mobile phone, one will be provided.)
- Comfortable shoes and weather-appropriate wear. Performances occur rain or shine, so be sure to dress for that day’s forecast.
- An adventurous spirit. Each audience member is allowed the time and space to experience the show at their own pace, resulting in a rich and personalized experience. The length of en route is approximately 100 minutes; however, depending on your walking pace, it may be shorter or longer.
Additional things to consider as you prepare for your journey:
- Getting There and Going Home. en route does not end where it begins, but we will make sure you know how to get back there if that’s where you’re headed. The starting point just northeast of the Loop will be near public transportation and parking garages.
- Remember, it’s theater—without the seats. When ordering your ticket, you will need to provide the Box Office with the mobile phone number you plan to use for your trip en route. And, as there are no seats, you will not need to present a traditional “ticket,” but you will receive an email confirmation of your order, detailing your specific date and starting time.
- Looking to learn more? You can watch a video preview; however please keep in mind this SPOILER ALERT. en route reveals itself to each audience member as a personal experience—examining the video may alter your ability to experience the piece as intended by the artists.
Back to en route
© 2023 Chicago Shakespeare Theater on Navy Pier
800 East Grand Avenue • Chicago, IL • 60611 • Box Office 312.595.5600
Designed by L2
Powered by erube2