This fall, Chicago Shakespeare’s Courtyard Theater transforms into a sultry Havana nightclub for a fiery reimagining of Shakespeare’s Measure for Measure. Celebrated director Henry Godinez sets the play in 1950s Cuba, as political unrest simmers beneath a world of music, glamour, and sensuality.
5 easy ways to Share measure for measure…
- Include a listing in an email to your members, employees, and beyond. Jump to sample >
- Post on your professional (and personal) social media feeds. #cstMeasure Browse content >
- It only takes a party of 10+ to save up to 15%. Arrange a group outing for coworkers, neighbors, alumni, club members, and more. Group Tickets >
- From projected Spanish translation to ASL interpretation, Open Captioning, and Audio Description, explore the list of enhanced performance dates >
- Networking made easy: contact Emma Perrin for additional opportunities to partner on this exciting production.
To share, click ‘Share’ in the top right corner of the video and follow the prompts.
Sharing on your social networks is easy! Select an image below and copy and paste one of the following sample messages.
Download and share
Simply right-click your desired image and hit "Save Image as" to download.
Don’t miss Chicago Shakespeare Theater’s fiery Measure for Measure, playing through November 27
“Some rise by sin, and some by virtue fall.” Celebrated director Henry Godinez brings Shakespeare’s searing play to vivid life amidst the glamour, music, and sensuality of 1950s Cuba, just before Fidel Castro seizes power. Havana is the carefree playground of the rich, the famous—and the corrupt—while a revolution brews. As the city sinks into moral disrepair, the Duke hands power to Angelo, who zealously enforces an archaic statute of chastity. When Isabel comes to plead for mercy for her condemned brother Claudio, the depths of raw power’s depravity are shockingly revealed.
Arrive early to immerse yourself in the sultry world of the play, as the Courtyard Theater transforms into a dazzling Havana nightclub. Enjoy performances of mambo, bolero, and Afro-Cuban jazz in a mesmerizing prologue to the production. Book now: chicagoshakes.com/measure