CST is looking for a Stage Management intern for The Merry Wives of Windsor in Fall 2013. CST productions are often technically complicated and require all of the organizational and technical skills required of even the most experienced stage manager. Casts range from seasoned Equity actors to college students. Interns work directly with seasoned Equity Stage Managers and are considered to be an integral part of the Stage Management Team. These internships offer valuable experience working at a leading regional theater and provide the chance to work directly with experienced Directors, Designers, Choreographers, and Performers. The Stage Management Interns must be available for all rehearsals for assigned show. This is typically a 6 day/week commitment with rehearsal hours that typically span from 10a-6p.
Intern is expected to be present for pre-production, all rehearsals, techs, and preview performances. The Merry Wives of Windsor internship will run from approximately October 23rd-November December 11th. A weekly travel stipend is provided.
Internship Responsibilities May Include:
- Assist the stage managers during the rehearsal and performance process of a production
- Setting up rehearsal spaces and maintaining the rehearsal environment
- Work closely with administrative and technical departments
- Opportunity to work with Scenic, Lighting, Sound, and Costume departments
- Help maintain databases, calendars, and production records
- Assist on any special projects on an as-needed basis
- Assisting with floor management during the run of the show
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Stage Management experience
- Minimum 1 year of undergraduate education
- Effective and clear communication skills
- Ability to work well with a diverse group of people
- Some technical theater experience
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Computer proficiency, especially in Microsoft Office Suite
- Willingness to learn and work as part of a team
- A cover letter stating your specific interest(s) and dates of availability
- A current resume
- Two letters of academic or professional reference
- If you wish to receive college credit, please include an outline of your school’s requirements for both the intern (you) and internship site (Chicago Shakespeare).
The application deadline is July 26, 2013.
Late or incomplete applications will not be considered. If your references prefer to send the letters themselves, please indicate so in your cover letter.
No phone calls, please.
Please send all application materials to:
Production Internships – Stage Management
Chicago Shakespeare Theater
800 East Grand Avenue
Chicago, IL 60611