- Belarus Free Theatre's
- Oxford Playhouse's
An Act of Remembrance
- Filter Theatre's
- Short Shakespeare!
SATURDAYS 11:00 A.M.
- Othello: The Remix
- Tug Of War: Foreign Fire
Edward III, Henry V, Henry VI, Part 1
- Tim Crouch Theatre's
- Tug of War:
Henry VI Parts 2 and 3, Richard III
- View More Events
- Ways to Save
- Subscriber Ticket Exchange
CST’s Sound Internship offers professional experience for qualified college students who are interested in pursuing careers in theatrical sound design or engineering. Interns are entrusted with a great deal of responsibility and have the opportunity to play an integral role over the course of load-in and tech. Interns receive one-on-one mentoring from the Sound Master, experience with professional equipment, the opportunity to work with renowned Sound Designers, complimentary tickets to Chicago Shakespeare productions during the internship and a weekly travel stipend. Throughout the internship, in a seminar series designed exclusively for interns, staff members from across the company illuminate the workings of a large arts organization and offer guidance to career paths ahead with personalized cover letter/resume/interview coaching.
The Sound Internship may begin as early as May and would ideally run through August. The exact start and end dates of the internship are negotiable. Though the intern’s hours can be fairly flexible ranging from part to full time, all internship candidates must be available to work a minimum of 24 hours per week for 6 weeks in order for this experience to be a worthwhile educational endeavor. The Sound Intern must be available to participate in some specific long days and evenings for load ins, strikes, and tech rehearsals.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Minimum one year undergraduate education with experience in theater sound
- Experience with live sound mix and/or computer-controlled systems and interest in learning more
- Computer proficiency
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Flexibility and ability to work within tight deadlines
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Willingness to learn and work as part of a team
- Self-starter, willing to take ownership of a specific project or task
Internship Responsibilities May Include:
- Assisting the Sound department with load-ins, strikes, maintenance, and repair of sound equipment in the Courtyard Theater, Upstairs Theater, Rehearsal Hall, special event spaces, and off-site venues
- Working closely with other technical departments during load-in, tech, and runs of the shows
- Helping create and maintain organizational paperwork
- Working closely with local and visiting theater professionals
- Assisting on special projects as needed
- A cover letter stating your specific interest(s) and dates of availability as well as your weekly hourly availability
- A current CV/resume
- Two letters of academic or professional reference
- If you wish to receive college credit, please include an outline of your school’s requirements for both the intern (you) and internship site (Chicago Shakespeare).
The application deadline is March 1, 2016.
Applications will be reviewed in the order received. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered. If your references prefer to send the letters themselves, please indicate so in your cover letter.
No phone calls, please.
Please send all application materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org