Chicago Shakespeare Theater is currently accepting Company Management Intern applications for Fall 2018. Applications must be received by July 1, 2018.
Chicago Shakespeare Theater's Company Management department is responsible for overseeing general care for all performers at the theater. These duties vary, from booking travel and housing for visiting artists and companies, to arranging meals when needed, and assisting in resolution of emergency issues. Company Management takes pride in maintaining a positive and welcoming environment in which our artists can work to their highest level.
The Company Management intern will act as an integral member of the department, obtaining hands-on, real-world experience in a creative and supportive atmosphere. In addition, Chicago Shakespeare Interns receive a small travel stipend and complimentary tickets to Chicago Shakespeare performances. Other benefits include the opportunity to build professional relationships, receive one-on-one mentoring with Company Management staff, participate in an intern seminar series that illuminates the workings of a large arts organization, and receive a resume and portfolio review with Chicago Shakespeare Staff.
While Chicago Shakespeare Theater internships are typically structured as a commitment of 10 weeks between September - December 2018, the program is also flexible enough to meet the scheduling needs of the intern. Chicago Shakespeare Theater is committed to building diversity and inclusion onstage and throughout the organization. We especially encourage candidates from underrepresented groups to apply.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Minimum two years undergraduate education
- Strong office, written, verbal and detailed organizational skills required
- Excellent follow-through and time management
- Willingness to learn and work as part of a team
- Interest in taking on leadership roles
- Self-starter, willing to take on specific projects or tasks
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Filing, letter writing, computer and office skills
- Valid US Driver’s License
- Assist in the booking of artist travel and housing, maintaining relationships with travel agencies, hotels and Chicago housing companies
- Assist in coordination and transportation of artists to and from the airport, theater, events and media engagements
- Monitor the daily running of shows
- Assist in the management of all tours out of Chicago Shakespeare, including tour schedule and daily check ins/follow-ups
- Assist in the coordination of hospitality for in-house, visiting and touring productions including first rehearsals, tech week, opening night, company dinners and closing night events
- A modest travel stipend
- College credit as available through a student’s academic institution
- Educational and career-coaching opportunities, including an intern seminar series that illuminates the workings of a large arts organization
- An in-depth review of the intern’s resume/portfolio with CST staff members
- Complimentary tickets to CST performances
- Invitations to company-wide events with actors, designers and other artists
- Free and reduced-price tickets to other Chicago theaters through "industry" offers
- Unfortunately we are not able to provide housing
To be considered for a Company Management Internship with Chicago Shakespeare, please prepare the following to upload through our application form:
- A cover letter stating: 1) your specific interest/s in this particular internship, 2) your available start and end dates, 3) hourly time commitment each week, 4) how you hope this internship will support your future goals
- A current CV or resume describing relevant experience
- Two letters of academic and/or professional reference (Please note that if your references would like to submit their letters to Chicago Shakespeare directly, they may do so through the submission form on this page.)
- If you wish to receive college credit for this internship, please include an outline of your school's requirements.
Questions? Contact Ben Gates-Utter at email@example.com.