- Song of the Goat's
Songs of Lear
- Foro Shakespeare's
Enamorarse de un incendio
- Company Theatre Mumbai's
- Shanghai Jingju Theatre Company's
The Revenge of Prince Zi Dan (Hamlet)
at The Harris Theater
- Tug of War: Civil Strife
Henry VI Parts 2 and 3, Richard III
- CHICAGO PREMIERE
King Charles III
The Complete Deaths
- Shakespeare Tonight!
- Cheek by Jowl's
The Winter's Tale
- WORLD PREMIERE
The Book of Joseph
- Love's Labor's Lost
- The Lincoln Squares'
- CHICAGO PREMIERE
Shakespeare in Love
- View More Events
- Renew Today
- Subscriber Ticket Exchange
Chicago Shakespeare Theater is currently accepting Artistic Intern applications for winter/spring 2015. Applications must be received by November 1, 2014.
The Artistic Intern will assist with Chicago Shakespeare Theater's (CST) artistic office to support the development of the Theater's programming. The intern will work on a variety of projects associated with the Theater's MainStage productions and new works program activities.
While Chicago Shakespeare Theater insists on a minimum time commitment of 10 weeks between January and May 2015, the program is also flexible enough to meet the scheduling needs of the intern. In addition to a small weekly stipend, interns receive one-on-one mentoring from Artistic Department staff, access to the artistic and production process, and complimentary tickets to all Chicago Shakespeare performances during the internship.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum two years undergraduate education with successful completion of coursework in one or more of the following disciplines: arts administration, not-for-profit management, communications, marketing, English
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Flexibility and ability to work within tight deadlines
- Self-starter, multi-task oriented, and computer literate
- Demonstrated interest and literacy in the performing arts a requirement
- Complete research associated with current projects and long-term season planning
- Assist with planning for readings, workshops and other new work activity
- Assist in the maintenance of literary management database
- Attend design and production meetings, as required
- General office support
To be considered for an internship position at Chicago Shakespeare Theater, applicants are asked to submit the following information:
- A cover letter stating his/her specific interest/s, availability, and level of commitment
- Current resume
- Two letters of academic/professional reference
- If the applicant intends to arrange college credit for this internship an outline of his/her school's requirements of both the intern and the internship site are needed.
- Applications must be received by November 1, 2014.
Please send all application materials to:
Chicago Shakespeare Theater on Navy Pier
800 East Grand Avenue
Chicago, IL 60611
(no phone calls, please)