Chicago Shakespeare Theater is currently accepting Advancement Intern applications for Winter/Spring 2017. Applications must be received by November 1, 2016.
The Advancement Intern will assist with Chicago Shakespeare Theater's (CST) fundraising initiatives in support of the Theater's programming. The intern will gain a broad understanding of fundraising including coordinating stewardship activities and special events, researching prospects and general administrative duties. The intern will also gain valuable experience using the donor and ticketing database, Tessitura.
While Chicago Shakespeare Theater insists on a minimum time commitment of 10 weeks between January and May 2017, the program is also flexible enough to meet the scheduling needs of the intern. In addition to a small weekly stipend, interns receive one-on-one mentoring from Advancement Department staff, their own CST email account and complimentary tickets to all Chicago Shakespeare performances during the internship.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum two years undergraduate education with successful completion of coursework in one or more of the following disciplines: arts administration, not-for-profit management, communications, marketing, English
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Flexibility and ability to work within tight deadlines
- Self-starter, multi-task oriented, and computer literate
- Demonstrated interest in the performing arts a plus
- Assist in execution of mailings and e-solicitation projects
- Assist in research and maintaining donor profiles
- Data entry and maintenance
- Maintain annual fund planning and archives
- Assist in planning special events and/or production openings
- General office support
To be considered for an internship position at Chicago Shakespeare Theater, applicants are asked to submit the following information:
- A cover letter stating his/her specific interest/s, availability, and level of commitment
- Current resume
- Two letters of academic/professional reference
- If the applicant intends to arrange college credit for this internship, an outline of his/her school's requirements of both the intern and the internship site are needed.
- Applications must be received by November 1, 2016.
Please send all application materials to:
Advancement Internship – Spring
Chicago Shakespeare Theater on Navy Pier
800 East Grand Avenue
Chicago, IL 60611
(no phone calls, please)