- Belarus Free Theatre's
- Oxford Playhouse's
An Act of Remembrance
- Filter Theatre's
- Short Shakespeare!
SATURDAYS 11:00 A.M.
- Othello: The Remix
- Tug Of War: Foreign Fire
Edward III, Henry V, Henry VI, Part 1
- Tim Crouch Theatre's
- Tug of War:
Henry VI Parts 2 and 3, Richard III
- View More Events
- Ways to Save
- Subscriber Ticket Exchange
Chicago Shakespeare Theater is currently accepting Advancement Intern applications for summer 2016. Applications must be received by March 1, 2016.
The Advancement Intern will assist with Chicago Shakespeare Theater's (CST) fundraising initiatives in support of the Theater's programming. The intern will gain a broad understanding of fundraising including coordinating stewardship activities and special events, researching prospects and general administrative duties. The intern will also gain valuable experience using the donor and ticketing database, Tessitura.
While Chicago Shakespeare Theater insists on a minimum time commitment of 10 weeks between May 2016 and August 2016, the program is also flexible enough to meet the scheduling needs of the intern. In addition to a small weekly stipend, interns receive one-on-one mentoring from Advancement Department staff, their own CST email account and complimentary tickets to all Chicago Shakespeare performances during the internship.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum two years undergraduate education with successful completion of coursework in one or more of the following disciplines: arts administration, not-for-profit management, communications, marketing, English
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Flexibility and ability to work within tight deadlines
- Self-starter, multi-task oriented, and computer literate
- Demonstrated interest in the performing arts a plus
Assist in execution of mailings and e-solicitation projects
Assist in research and maintaining donor profiles
Data entry and maintenance
- Maintain annual fund planning and archives
- Assist in planning special events and/or production openings
- General office support
To be considered for an internship position at Chicago Shakespeare Theater, applicants are asked to submit the following information:
- A cover letter stating his/her specific interest/s, availability, and level of commitment
- Current resume
- Two letters of academic/professional reference
- If the applicant intends to arrange college credit for this internship an outline of his/her school's requirements of both the intern and the internship site are needed.
- Applications must be received by March 1, 2016.
Please send all application materials to:
Advancement Internship – Summer
Chicago Shakespeare Theater on Navy Pier
800 East Grand Avenue
Chicago, IL 60611
(no phone calls, please)