- Tug of War: Civil Strife
Henry VI Parts 2 and 3, Richard III
- Company Theatre Mumbai's
- CHICAGO PREMIERE
King Charles III
The Complete Deaths
- Shakespeare Tonight!
- WORLD PREMIERE
The Book of Joseph
- Love's Labor's Lost
- The Lincoln Squares'
- CHICAGO PREMIERE
Shakespeare in Love
- View More Events
- Renew Today
- Subscriber Ticket Exchange
Chicago Shakespeare Theater seeks a highly skilled, self-motivated and detail-oriented individual to join the production department as a Prop Artisan. CST is a world-class theater company producing work of the highest quality due, in large part, to a strong team philosophy. The Props team consists of the Properties Supervisor, Assistant Properties Supervisor, 2-5 Prop Carpenters and Artisans and 1-3 interns over the course of the season. Artisans will have the opportunity to hone his/her skills while working alongside renowned designers in a fully equipped shop.
Job responsibilities include:
- Foam sculpting
- Stitching and soft good construction
- Scenic painting
- Wood working
- Floral arranging
- Printing paper goods
- Furniture building, repair, and upholstery
- Metal working
- Mold making and casting
- Maintaining high safety standards and techniques related to the job
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time, stitch by hand, execute small and large motor skills, repeat movements of hands and arms for long periods of time and lift up to 40 pounds
Desired skills and experience:
- Knowledge of a variety of products, including their different characteristics and applications
- Ability to remain dependable, punctual, and industrious in a fast-paced environment, either working in a team or independently
- Strong time management skills and self motivation to balance a varied and heavy workload
- Effective communication skills when working with an array of production personnel. This includes, but is not limited to taking direction and critiques, and offering ideas and solutions.
- Degree in technical theatre and at least 2 years professional experience
Position is paid hourly. Hours will generally be 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday but can vary based on the needs of the production. This position will be filled in the middle of August.
Qualified candidates should submit cover letter, resume and 3 references via email to firstname.lastname@example.org formatted as .pdf please. Applications will be reviewed in the order they are received. No phone calls, please. Chicago Shakespeare Theater is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all to apply.