We are looking for a highly motivated and detail-oriented individual who understands that thoughtful data management plays a vital role in strengthening our connection with donors, subscribers, ticket buyers, and fans. The Patron Relationship and Data Coordinator supports our Advancement and Marketing teams’ efforts to elevate and optimize patron segmentation, ensuring each targeted communication has the intended impact. The person in this position accurately maintains constituent records; processes donations and acknowledgments; uses Tessitura (CRM database), Prospect2 (email platform), and Donate2 (online giving) to help generate leads; and assists in the delivery of weekly, monthly, and annual reports to measure success. This is a full-time position (40 hours+ per week).
Reports To: Director of Development, Director of Marketing and Sales
Work Hours: 9AM – 5 PM Business Hours
CONSTITUENT DATA MANAGEMENT
- Maintain up-to-date contact information, communication preferences, and other pertinent information for patrons in Tessitura.
- Create targeted lists and segments for all fundraising and marketing efforts (direct mail, email, gala, and telefunding campaigns, among others).
- Help streamline and automate data updates between Tessitura and Prospect2, collaborating closely with Director of Marketing and Sales.
- Identify any recurring gaps in data integrity, and work with Director of Marketing and Sales to create solutions.
GIFT ENTRY AND ACKNOWLEDGMENT
- Enter all gifts into Tessitura, ensuring donations are recorded and classified timely and accurately.
- Generate all gift acknowledgement letters, ensuring acknowledgments match the gift type.
- Track and facilitate pledge payment reminders.
- Collaborate closely with Finance department, providing gift information needed for the annual audit, and ongoing account reconciliation/resolution of discrepancies.
- Ensure filing is up-to-date and that sensitive information is redacted.
- Generate accurate donor listings.
OPERATIONS AND REPORTING
- Setup campaign, appeal, fund, designation, and source structure in Tessitura.
- Track fundraising efforts through accurate use of contribution sources.
- Provide weekly, monthly, and annual reports on current status of gift income.
- Ensure automated reports are timely and useful.
- Work closely with Interim Director of Development and Director of Marketing and Sales to help optimize use of Tessitura.
- Assist in development of new reporting tools to answer frequently asked questions.
- Assist in analyzing trends, including donor level progression, donor retention rates, donor growth and fundraising ROI to inform fundraising strategies.
- Keep Advancement team members updated and trained on changes to usage of Tessitura and maintain up-to-date training documentation.
- Assist, as needed, with ticketing or stewardship needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience in a fundraising or operations role.
- Experience in relational database management systems (especially Tessitura) is preferred.
- Highly literate in MS Office suite.
- Interest in performing arts a plus.
- Creative thinking with an inherent curiosity and resourcefulness.
- Highly organized and capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Comfortable shifting gears seamlessly as priorities change.
- Work both collaboratively and independently to best serve the needs of the Theater.
- Serve as a visible and enthusiastic representative of the Theater, when needed.
Salary is competitive within the non-profit performing arts industry and commensurate with qualifications and experience. Benefits package includes health, dental, vision, 403b, paid time off, life insurance, and commuter spending plan.
To be considered for this position, please submit your resume and a brief cover letter describing your interest, experience, and how you heard about this position to email@example.com. Candidates of interest will be contacted by a representative of the Theater; no phone calls, please. Chicago Shakespeare is committed to building diversity and inclusion onstage and throughout the organization. We especially encourage individuals from underrepresented groups to apply.
About Chicago Shakespeare Theater
A leading international theater company and recipient of the Tony Award for Outstanding Regional Theatre, Chicago Shakespeare Theater’s year-round season offers a vibrant array of classics, musicals, new works, and family programs for 225,000 audience members annually. The Theater is Chicago’s leading international presenter and, through its education efforts, has impacted the learning of over 2 million students. The opening of The Yard at Chicago Shakespeare, with its innovative design that changed the shape of theater architecture, together with the Jentes Family Courtyard Theater and the Thoma Theater Upstairs, positions Chicago Shakespeare as the city’s most versatile performing arts center.