Chicago Shakespeare Theater seeks highly skilled, self-motivated, and detail-oriented individuals to join the production department as Overhire Electricians. CST is a world-class theater company producing work of the highest quality, due, in large part, to a strong team philosophy. Electricians work under the supervision of CST’s Lighting Supervisor and alongside renowned designers in a fully equipped shop.
Job responsibilities include:
- Hang and focus light plot and some special effects to realize the design of the production
- Troubleshoot electrical problems
- Read, understand, and implement lighting plots and other related documents
- Maintain lighting equipment to CST’s safety and performance standards
- Assist with cleanup and stocking inventory
- Maintain high safety standards and techniques related to the jobs
Desired skills and experience:
- Ability to program and run ETC EOS Ti and ION Lighting Consoles a plus
- Strong communication skills specifically when working with designer, Lighting staff, and an array of production personnel
- Dedication to workplace safety
- Knowledge of theatrical lighting equipment, terminology, and products
- Ability to sit and stand for long periods of time, execute small and large motor skills, repeat movements of hands and arms for long periods of time, work at heights, and lift up to 40 pounds
- Degree in technical theater or relevant professional experience
Positions are part-time, paid hourly. Hours will vary based on event schedule and will include some nights and weekends.
Qualified candidates should submit cover letter, resume, and 3 references via email to firstname.lastname@example.org formatted as .pdf, please. Applications will be reviewed in the order they are received. No phone calls, please.
Chicago Shakespeare is committed to building diversity and inclusion onstage and throughout the organization. We especially encourage individuals from underrepresented groups to apply.