Chicago Shakespeare Theater on Navy Pier, a dynamic regional theater company producing award-winning plays, seeks candidates to apply for the newly created position of Marketing Manager, Insights & Analytics. The person in this role will help optimize use of the Theater’s CRM system, Tessitura—providing data-driven support to subscription, single ticket and group sales campaign efforts. Using all available analytics and data, they will inform sales and customer experience strategies, regularly measuring and reporting on the effectiveness of elements within campaigns. This position also serves as the primary liaison to our external database support consultant, monitoring all projects requested on behalf of the theater. This role reports directly to the Marketing Director, and interacts closely with Guest Services, Advancement, Finance, and Education.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Track, interpret, and provide timely reports on ROI of marketing initiatives (including advertising, direct mail, email and social media) using all available data and analytic tools.
- Determine effective segmentations for email, direct mail, and telemarketing campaigns.
- Optimize a variety of in-house and third-party discount offers to ensure they are serving revenue, attendance, and audience engagement goals.
- Execute advanced data extractions and ad hoc queries
- Work with Marketing Director and third-party database support to elevate customer segmentation system that is optimized for targeted, personalized, real-time communications with patrons
- Maintain and monitor standardization of data entry using the Theater’s existing style guides
- Oversee system data accuracy, and assist in resolution of data faults or errors
- Develop and document processes and procedures to educate and train staff
- Assist in Tessitura setup, when needed.
KNOWLEDGE AND ESSENTIAL SKILLS
- Excellent data analytic skills
- Creative thinking with an inherent curiosity and resourcefulness
- Demonstrated expertise in Tessitura, Google Analytics and email campaign monitoring
- A polished and professional approach in presenting sales and campaign information
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Dynamite organizational skills with the ability to anticipate project needs; exceptional attention to detail; comfortable multi-tasking to produce high-quality work on tight deadlines, all with good cheer
- Proactive and collaborative professional manner—comfortable working with a variety of individuals, including colleagues and outside vendors.
- Hands-on attitude and willingness to pitch in wherever is needed; comfortable working extended hours when workload demands, including evenings and weekends if necessary
- Familiarity with Chicago performing arts landscape
Compensation is commensurate with qualification and experience, and is competitive with prevailing compensation for similar positions within the non-profit performing arts industry. Benefits include medical and dental insurance, vacation pay and sick leave and personal time, and a 403(b) retirement program.
To be considered for this position, please submit your resume and a brief cover letter describing your interest, experience, and how you heard about this position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates of interest will be contacted by a representative of the Theater; no phone calls, please. Chicago Shakespeare is committed to building diversity and inclusion onstage and throughout the organization. We especially encourage individuals from underrepresented groups to apply.