Chicago Shakespeare Theater seeks service-driven, detail-oriented individual to fill role of Company Management Associate. This individual will work directly with the Company Manager to provide full company care to actors, designers, directors, theater staff, and international companies throughout the season.
Our core values are Service, Ingenuity, and Collaboration.
Job responsibilities include assisting with the following:
- Fulfillment of artists’ needs/requests in a timely fashion
- Coordination and fulfillment of artist/staff travel and housing including transport of artists and staff
- Coordination and facilitation of hospitality, i.e. catering, snacks, etc.
- Expedition of show ticket requests for artists
- Coordination of artist obligations with various CST departments
- Maintaining detailed paperwork, electronic filing and databases
- When needed, providing administrative support to producing and artistic offices
- Coordinating care of injured or ill artists
- Possible special project assignments as appropriate
Required attributes and experience:
- Evident willingness to be of service to others
- Mature, calm, positive, approachable demeanor
- Discretion in handling artist personal matters
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent organizational abilities
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time and lift up to 50 pounds
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record is required
Position is salaried with benefits. Hours will vary based on the needs of each production and will at times include weekend and evening work. Hiring will be contingent on a clean driving report.
Please submit cover letter, resume, and three references via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please; candidates of interest will be contacted by a representative of the theater.
Chicago Shakespeare is committed to building diversity and inclusion onstage and throughout the organization. We especially encourage individuals from underrepresented groups to apply.
About Chicago Shakespeare Theater
A global theatrical force, Chicago Shakespeare Theater (CST), is known for vibrant productions that reflect Shakespeare’s genius for storytelling, language and empathy for the human condition. CST has evolved into a dynamic company, producing award-winning plays at our home on Navy Pier, throughout Chicago’s schools and neighborhoods, and on stages around the world.