- Q Brothers Christmas Carol
- A Midsummer Night's Dream
- Chicago Shakespeare Slam: Final Bout
- Community Partnership
Thereby Hangs a Tale
- Compagnie Non Nova's
L’après-midi d’un foehn version 1
- Short Shakespeare!
SATURDAYS 11:00 A.M.
- National Theatre of Great Britain's
An Inspector Calls
- View More Events
- Season Tickets
Chicago Shakespeare Theater seeks Assistant Stage Managers for various productions in our 2015-2016 Season, beginning with our summer production of The Little Mermaid. The ASM will work collaboratively with the PSM to rehearse, mount, and maintain large scale productions ranging from classic Shakespeare to new musicals while creating a safe, pleasant, and focused work environment.
Positions will require a strong spirit of optimism and collaboration, a highly developed management style, and strong communication and organizational skills.
The ASM’s duties will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Work with the PSM on pre-production needs and preparing for the rehearsal process.
- Set up and maintain the rehearsal room and hospitality station during the rehearsal process.
- Work with the props and costume departments to create and maintain tracking tools.
- Create and maintain master run sheets, entrance/exit plots, and other show related paperwork.
- Collaborate with the Stage Crew Supervisor on management of deck crew (4), wardrobe crew (2), and wig runner (1-2) during tech and run of show.
- With PSM, mentor and manage SM Intern.
- Create a safe, pleasant, and focused back stage environment for crew and actors alike.
- Work collaboratively with the PSM on all traditional SM duties and responsibilities.
- A minimum of 3 years of professional stage management experience.
- AEA Member with experience working on CAT, LORT, and/or TYA contracts.
- Proven experience managing in a fast paced environment while maintaining a spirit of collaboration.
- The ability to lift up to 50 pounds and work on one’s feet for long periods of time.
- Sense of humor.
CST produces an average of 14 productions each year with a $14 million budget between two stages: a 500 seat Courtyard Theater and a 200 seat Studio Upstairs, in addition to multiple touring venues. Presentation of international pieces, touring, and development of new works round out its core based in the plays of William Shakespeare.
Positions currently available for:
- The Little Mermaid (TYA, Courtyard Theater)
- Pre-production – 6/1/15
- 1st Rehearsal – 6/9/15
- Opening – 7/10/15
- Closing – 8/11/15
- The Tempest (CAT 6, Courtyard Theater)
- Pre-production – 7/27/15
- 1st Rehearsal – 8/3/15
- Opening – 9/17/15
- Closing – 11/8/16
- Ride the Cyclone (CAT 5, Studio Theater)
- Pre-production – 8/24/15
- 1st Rehearsal – 9/1/15
- Opening – 10/7/15
- Closing – 11/15/15
- The Heir Apparent (CAT 6, Courtyard Theater)
- Pre-production – 10/27/15
- 1st Rehearsal – 11/3/15
- Opening – 12/8/15
- Closing – 1/17/16
- Othello (CAT 6, Courtyard Theater)
- Pre-production – 1/4/16
- 1st Rehearsal – 1/11/16
- Opening – 2/25/16
- Closing – 4/10/16
- Tug of War (CAT 6, Courtyard Theater)
- Spring 2016 – Dates TBD
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No calls please.
Chicago Shakespeare Theater is an Equal Opportunity Employer.