The hands-on, part-time to full-time role, of Accounts Payable Assistant contributes to the work of Chicago Shakespeare’s fast-paced, multifaceted Finance Department by working with multiple departments. S/he serves as the primary point person for CST’s accounts payable needs and reports to the Accounts Payable Manager. This staff member must demonstrate accurate, high volume accounts payables and general office support; the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines and go above and beyond to achieve desired outcomes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reviews all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval
- Enters invoices into QuickBooks with appropriate account and show coding
- Answers vendor inquiries
- Administers petty cash fund
- Compiles information and prepares expense reports, as requested
- Performs month end bank reconciliations
- Acts as liaison between the Finance Department and all other departments
- Conforms with and abides by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions
- Supports the work of the Director of Finance, Assistant Director of Finance and the Accounts Payable Manager
- Performs general office responsibilities
KNOWLEDGE AND ESSENTIAL SKILLS
- Proactive and professional collaborator who is comfortable working with a variety of individuals—including colleagues and outside vendors
- Ability to quickly gain a deep understanding of the Theater and apply that knowledge to day-to-day operations
- Dynamite project management skills with the ability to anticipate project needs; exceptional attention to detail; comfortable multi-tasking to produce high-quality work on tight deadlines, all with good cheer.
- Demonstrate mastery of Microsoft Word and Excel and; proficiency with QuickBooks Enterprise helpful.
- Bachelor’s degree (Business, Accounting, Finance, Arts Management, or related field)
- At least one year experience with accounts payable
Compensation is commensurate with qualification and experience, and is competitive with prevailing compensation for similar positions within the non-profit performing arts industry.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: October 20th. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by emailing cover letter, resume and salary requirements (Word and pdf files) to: email@example.com
Candidates of interest will be contacted by a representative of the Theater. No calls, please. Chicago Shakespeare is committed to building diversity and inclusion onstage and throughout the organization. We especially encourage individuals from underrepresented groups to apply.