Arts Alliance Illinois has provided these helpful links that outline the different ways you can be involved in this important national conversation:
- Contact your legislators, mayor, and city council members. Our elected officials work for us and should know your views on policing and the current protests so they can make better decisions on policy and funding. Call or e-mail today. Click here to find your legislators.
- Donate to an organization committed to dismantling systemic racism and helping communities heal and rebuild after the recent protests. There are many organizations doing this work, here are just a few:
- Organizations focused on dismantling systemic racism:
- Organizations helping communities rebuild:
- Educate yourself with the following Anti-Racism Resources and Materials:
- For protesters, be sure to know your rights and who to contact in case of an arrest: