Chicago Shakespeare Theater is currently accepting Marketing/PR Intern applications for Summer 2014. Applications must be received by March 1, 2014.
CST's Marketing/PR internship offers a rich and challenging experience for qualified college students, graduates and young professionals who are actively pursuing careers in professional theater administration. Marketing/PR interns are entrusted with a great deal of responsibility and have the opportunity to play an integral role in the Theater's Marketing Department. A small stipend will be provided.
The Marketing Department is charged with the development and execution of strategic plans to promote the institutional image and attract attendance to the plays and related programs produced by the Theater. Marketing interns must work a minimum of 25 hours per week for 12 weeks between May and August. In addition to a small stipend, interns receive one-on-one mentoring from Marketing Department staff, complimentary tickets to all Chicago Shakespeare performances, free tickets to other Chicago theaters through "industry" offers, and much more.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum two years undergraduate education or equivalent experience in arts administration, marketing, communications, public relations, journalism, or related field
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Self-starter, multi-task oriented, and computer literate
- Experience in sales, promotions, or media desirable
- Website maintenance, Tessitura and/or e-marketing skills a plus
- Experience in community organizations or grassroots campaigns desirable
- Willingness to mingle with audiences and accommodate visitors
- Assist in execution of promotions, direct mail and e-marketing projects
- Update mailing lists
- Maintain press clip, photo and marketing archives
- Assemble press kits
- Assist planning/hosting special events and openings
- Manage distribution of promotional materials
- Conduct research for press releases and special projects
Please submit a cover letter stating your specific interest(s), availability and how you heard about the position, a current CV or resume and two letters of academic or professional reference. If you wish to receive college credit for this internship, please include an outline of your school's requirements for both the intern (you) and internship site (Chicago Shakespeare).
Applications must be received by March 1, 2014.
Please send all application materials to:
(no phone calls please)